How to setup Dreamweaver for working with remote InetSupervisor web site. (2014 - OBSOLETE)
OS: Windows 2000
Description: InetSupervisor is a web-based graphical front-end for Automation Systems. The InetSupervisor setup program automatically
configures the target PC (“InetSERVER”) to allow for web page editing locally using Dreamweaver. The InetServer however can
be configured to allow remote web editing and be updated using FTP. Follow the instruction No. 1 to configure the FTP and instruction
No. 2 to configure Dreamweaver for remote editing.
Step 1. Configure FTP on the remote server
• Click on Start button, and then go to Settings, Control Panel.
• Then double click on Administrative Tools, double click Internet Services Manager.
• Expand the tree by clicking on plus + next to LONSERVER, then right click on Default FTP Site, click New, Virtual Directory, at
the wizard click Next.
When prompted for Alias enter HMI and click Next.
Click on Browse button, and navigate to the following directory C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HMI and click OK and Next:
Under Access Permissions make sure read and write are checked and click Next:
• When you have finish the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard click Finish. NOTE: (FTP Access will be used for G.U.I. design from
a remote computer using Dreamweaver.)
Step 2. Configure Dreamweaver
1. Connect this computer(LONSERVER) and remote computer(Laptop) to the Ethernet network.
www.QuarkCommunications.us Page 6 of 6
1. Verify that both computers can "see each other". You can use ping command to do that. Click on Start button, Programs, Assecories,
and then Command Prompt. At the prompt enter ping 111.222.333.444 where 111.222.333.444 is the IP address of computer being
tested if using static IP address, or ping ComputerName if using LAN and dynamic IP address.
2. When connection is confirmed launch Dreamweaver software on your Laptop. Dreamweaver evaluation copy can be downloaded
from Macromedia web site http://www.macromedia.com. Macromedia also offers Fireworks, a graphics editing software that nicely
integrates with the Dreamveawer. Before you begin editing the G.U.I. you will need to configure LONSERVER web parameters.
3. Using Windows Explorer create new folder to store all web content (local copy). By default c:\lm\webs\my webs name\.
4. At the Dreamweaver's menu bar click on Site, New Site. Click on Advanced bar and in Site Definition dialog box enter desired web
site name my webs name for Site Name. Enter c:\lm\webs\my webs name\ for local root folder. Enter http://111.222.333.444/HMI
for HTTP Address, where 111.222.333.444 is the static IP Address of the LONSERVER computer. Next click on Remote Info category,
select ftp for access, enter 111.222.333.444 for FTP Host. Enter HMI for Host Directory. Enter Administrators login name for
Login and Administrators password for Password. (This comes from the LONSERVER windows login for the Administrator). Next
select Testing Server from Category, select ftp for access, enter 111.222.333.444 for FTP Host. Enter HMI for Host Directory.
Enter Administrators login name for Login and Administrators password for Password. (This comes from the LONSERVER windows
login for the Administrator). Click Site, Connect to connect to the LONSERVER.
5. Now you will get all files from the LONSERVER to your remote Laptop, to do this click Site, Get or press Ctrl+Shift+D.