Date: Apr 29, 2013
Revision: AX 3.7.46 and later
After updating to Java 7 Update 21, WbApplet will only load successfully once. Additional attempts to open WbApplet will fail. Clearing the applet cache will again allow WbApplet to load once. This problem has only been encountered using Java 7 Update 21.
A workaround for this problem is to not keep temporary internet files on the local computer. Follow the steps described below.
1. Open the Java Control Panel to change this setting.
In Windows, click Start > Control Panel > Java > General Tab > Temporary Internet Files > Settings
Uncheck the box that says "Keep temporary files on my computer".
Apply the new setting.
Close the Java Control Panel.
2. Clear the browser's cache. Clear the temporary internet files, cookies and history.
NOTE: Each browser is cleared differently. Use the browser's help for information on clearing its cache.
3. Delete all the files in the 'wbapplet' cache.
NOTE: In Windows, clicking Start > Run... and entering %userProfile% will open the local Windows user directory.
<Windows user dir>\niagara\wbapplet\modules
4. Delete everything in the 'Secondary Applet' cache.
NOTE: You can also delete this cache from within the Jave Control Panel accessed via the Windows Control Panel.
5. Restart the browser (this also clears the session cookies).