This error is a known issue with older firmware versions of NIC-IP.
Please reactivate the device performing the following steps:
1. Set the DIP switches to ON-ON-ON-OFF-ON-ON-ON. Power the device off/on and keep the status button pressed!
2. The console window (e.g. hyperterminal) should now view:
LOYTEC electronics GmbH
Testing Board ID (0) Passed
Testing RAM Passed
Testing boot loader Passed
Testing fallback image Passed
Testing primary image Passed
Testing Flash Passed
Loading fallback image Passed
Fallback override - erasing flash Done
3. Reset the DIP switches to standard setting: OFF-OFF-ON-OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF and reboot the device.
4. Use L-Config Tool (Assignment&Configuration) - select the device and click the button "Upgrade Firmware".
5. Use the latest NIC-IP Firmware from our webpage and select the .dl file in order to perform the firmware upgrade.
6. After successfully downloading the firmware you should be able to reconfigure your device settings.