There are several reasons why this error message may occur. Usually, the software assumes that there is an attempt to tamper with the licensing mechanism by the underlying licensing management software component used by the LonMaker tool and the LNS Server. The following list displays reasons why you may see this error:
- You changed the system time by more than 1hr and 15 minutes;
- You uninstalled and reinstalled the application;
- You deleted the license files;
- You ran Norton Speedisk or Nuts and Bolts defragmentation tools; or
- You converted the hard drive files system from FAT32 to NTFS or from FAT to FAT32.
The only way to recover from this error is to install a new PC key with replacement credits.
Run the Checklic licensing utility again to determine how many replacement credits to request.
Following is an example Checklic report:c:\>checklic nsseng.exe
SiteKeyVersion = 50
Initializing access to file path C:\WINDOWS\LNS Licenses\nsseng.exe
CrypKeyVersion = 5.5
Current License Status:
GetAuthorization Error -15: RESTRICTION FILE MOVED
oplevel = 0x4
restriction = 2 (By Credits)
num_allowed = 564
num_used = 21
num_copies = 1
LNS Shared Options:
deduction = ENABLED
deficits level = 2 (500 credits)
SDK = FALSE